15 Youth ATV Safety Points
July 16, 2019
Let's face it, most children and teens want to experience the enjoyment that comes with riding an ATV. And you, as a parent, know it can be great exercise and a lot of family fun, but you may be concerned about safety. So, what to do?
First of all, congrats on being a conscientious parent! You're doing the right thing by putting SAFETY FIRST in the decision of buying an ATV for your kids!
With that in mind, we've compiled this quick list of 15 top safety tips for you to consider.
15 Safety Tips for Kids and ATVs
- There are applicable state laws concerning the use of ATVs by children and teens. Be sure that you become informed about the regulations in your state.
- You are the best judge of the physical and mental maturity of your child or teen. This is a crucial factor in deciding whether to purchase an ATV, and also when determining the appropriate size and features of the vehicle. At FamilyGoKarts.com, we offer a wide variety of ATVs and are available to help you make the right decision.
- Match the proper engine size for use by your child or teen. Our kids and youth models come in engine sizes 125cc or smaller.
- Consider smaller, electric-powered ATVs for younger riders.
- Always operate your ATV off-road or on dirt roads and use paved roads for crossing only.
- Make sure all riders and passengers are wearing appropriate helmets and eye protection.
- Always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts, gloves and over-the-ankle boots.
- Only ride during daylight hours.
- Always operate at a safe speed, especially taking into consideration the terrain and other riding factors.
- Become familiar with appropriate safety features, such as speed control and remote engine cut-off.
- Children and youth riders should never take on passengers.
- Review all safety rules in detail and take an approved safety course, if available.
- Set strict limits and guidelines on the use of the ATV by your child or teen and enforce them without fail.
- Be knowledgeable concerning first-aid and have kits available anytime your family is riding.
- Always remember that your PERSONAL supervision is the major key in insuring your child or teen will operate their ATV properly and safely.
At FamilyGoKarts.com, we always place safety as a top priority, and we're available to answer any of your questions concerning specific ATVs and how to operate them properly.
We've been delivering family fun since 1990 and we look forward to serving you. Order online or call us at 800-250-5502 to order your ATV today!